Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mom's Doodlings


My son's call my pen and inks my doodles. I usually just start out with a pen some ink and start drawing and one thing leads to another. That's how this older doodle came to be. Now what's different since 2004 I have learned how to draw and paint in Adobe Illustrator, and in this particular illustration I combined the two. The doodle was done with a different face on the mermaid and I've been experimenting today taking photographs of my own work, and adding the copyright info in Adobe Illustrator. It worked out fine so then my brain said why not get that pen and ink and make the mermaids face more to your liking. The before picture she has a kind-of vacant expression which I was not happy with, but it was done in ink (hello no erasing in that department you get what you ink)! So one of the things I worked on today other than the second Giraffe, and an Annaconda devouring Joshua's mom while Joshua and James tried to ride the snake (My after school dramatic drawings for boy who like adventure and blood), is this Mermaid picture. I don't think you can tell anything was done to the drawing, and now I'm happy with it. The great thing is I can print out the new version as a print, but the original is still unharmed and unchanged. Try Adobe Illustrator I think you will just love it. All the drawings at http://www.jellybeanstock.com/ done by Annie and Granny are done in Adobe Illustrator. And do not tell me it's too hard and complicated, Granny is 81 and I'm turning 60 this year, if two old ladies can learn this program so can you. Remember Robot Bobs infamous saying from Disney's "The Black Hole" In life there are the Wills, The Won't, and the Can'ts. The Wills accomplish everything, The Won'ts oppose the Wills, and the Can'ts don't even try. Be a Will -Learn, Accomplish, Do and Grow. Keep painting, drawing, writing, making music films or doing things that improve the qualities of the human condition! Happy doodling!

No comments: