Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, April 25, 2008

Amorous Emus Menage a` trois?


Amorous Emus are taking over my painting time, and have insinuated themselves into my sketches. Who knew I would be so taken by Emus. Perhaps, very soon I will be done, and finish off the lovely watercolors of Laura that are half done, and the second Giraffe painting gazing at me half complete from it's place leaning against the wall. I actually have many paintings complete and ready to frame, but the Emus are clamoring for my attention. I don't know if these Emus are totally done, but I will submit them for your perusal and then evaluate their status in the morning. These three Emus are really taken with each other, and I don't know if they will fight or simply cohabit with a shared nest. One never knows what is going on in the brain of an Emu. My friend Lee's Emu was stranded out in East County, very hungry, and in need of a home when she was found. Unlike these Emus their Emu is slightly bald and just growing in some hair. They think it was on a starvation diet, and needs a lot of nutritious, delicious fruits and vegetables plus Emu chow. They are not even sure if their Emu is a male or female. Sometimes it's very difficult to tell, but with research the females have a very fluffy shawl during the breeding season. Remember, the males are the ones who guard and hatch the eggs, plus bring up the children. Female Emus seem to have a very cavalier attitude about their babies. They are only interested in them if they are eating something delicious, and then the female just once to eat some of the bounty. Female Emus don't seem to have any deep motherly love, but they do like to party with the boys. What will become of them? It's no wonder they are a protected species. I guess they're more to be pitied then censored, but maybe they believed Cindy Lauper's song "Girls just want to have fun!"
Well it's time for me to get some shut eye, and prepare for the 'morrow. Have fun, smile at the silly things, and don't take life to seriously. Write if you get work, and keep on painting.

No comments: