Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Monday, January 11, 2010

Rooster Watercolor Portraits

It's fun to choose a subject, and draw and paint Roosters and chickens in all their diversity. I have never had the time to just devote myself to the same subject, and then paint to my hearts content. I know I will soon move on to some other animal, flower, or bird, but for now I will enjoy the beauty and comedy of chickens, increase my knowledge, increase my skills, and use my time wisely.
I have some books I've written for children that need to be illustrated, some large very involved paintings in the studio that need to be completed but they will have to wait. It's winter, spring is some time away, and about 10" of rain is forecast to fall this week. I think I will stick with the small simple pleasures of life, a hot cup of coffee, warm cocoa, or soothing hot tea, small paintings, intimate watercolors and a cozy fire to keep me warm. Sometimes small simple pleasures are much more satisfying then big, bold and exciting. Sometimes a hug, and a shoulder to rest your head on is satisfying enough. I think I will continue to explore the colorful world of chickens. Have a good day, don't worry about work, and enjoy a soothing cup of tea with me. Small pleasures, and good company, quiet times, and a measure of peace I wish for you.




No comments: