Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rooster Chickens and Frogs Oh my!


Yes, I love little frogs too.  I love every creature God created except perhaps flies and mosquitos, but because ducks, frogs, and chickens enjoy eating these pesky little critters I accept the neccessity of them being in this world.  Each creature fills a very needed niche in the worlds natural order of things, and each one is facinating in its' own right.  I have been speaking with a lovely lady farmer and photographer, and she has Icelandic Chickens (a breed I had never heard of) and Icelandic Sheep that are very good for milk, cheese, meat, and their wool is fabulous for spinning and knitting or crocheting.  I like to crochet, but knitting involves too much counting for me so I don't do it.  No she has photographed her world extensively, and given me permission to paint her lovely and very handsome Icelandic chickens so be prepared for more chickens on this blog.   The name of the farm is "Mack Hill Farm" in NH and the lovely woman is Lisa Richards.  She has some beautiful Roosters, and beautiful yarns for sale in her virtual store.  I will post more info once I get some of her chickens painted.  I've drawn up about 6 already, and because her roosters are so handsome I am sure I will draw up more. 
For today enjoy the frogs and ducks, and the little Broody hen with her sweet, loving, and diverse new family.  Write if I have work, and share YOUR chickens with me.  I will paint them with your permission, and immortalize them in paint in all their quirky splendor.  I also love to paint sheep, goats, cows, ducks, cats and dogs.  Send me your favorite pictures, and keep an old woman busy and out of trouble.  I love being productive, and I also love the pictures of children and grandchildren holding their favorite chicken or family pet.  Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to write if I get work.  Happiness is a job well done.  Enjoy your day, and all the small, sweet, good things that are there for us to enjoy and appreciate every day!

No comments: