Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Painting Pleasures

There is a great deal of pleasure I get from drawing my wizard or painting the bright, colorful patterns of Mandrin Ducks or Wood Ducks. I love to paint the patterns of chickens, and the stripes of Tigers. There is pattern and beauty all around us, and even the pattern of leaves fallen to the ground, or dried stalks of mowed grain covered with a blanket of snow are inspiration for an artist. Today I give thanks for all the beauty in just a square foot of earth, sky, water, or the heavens. Add music and you have magic of light and color accompanied by sound to make your painting experience even better. Today I have cut up some smooth watercolor paper to paint some chicken portraits on, and to experience how the texture of paper of lack there of effects an illustration or painting.
I'm still unemployed and looking for work in all the wrong places. Write if you have work, and enjoy every day as though it were your last, for we just never know.



No comments: