Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rooster Portraits Watercolor

Rooster are obviously fascinating me in all their variety and splendor, but I have been painting chickens for years now. I love painting birds, but I love the attitude of chickens and Roosters in particular. I know many people enjoy raising chickens, and some of those chickens become family members and pets. Plus they provide lots of free entertainment for all.
I put up to older Alkyd and Oil Painting I did a while ago to show the different look that can be achieved with a different medium. It's the same subject matter, but a different technique. I could paint with oils impressionisticly , and you would have another way of painting chickens. It's important to get the anatomy correct, but the method of execution determines the final look of the image. I have drawn and painted Roosters and chickens on the computer in Adobe Illustrator, and carved linoleum block to make a simple graphic print. I have sculpted chickens in clay and carved them in foam. Once spring is here and the weather warms up I will go to the corner feed store, and buy some more chickens for their eggs, modeling ability, and the joy they bring to my yard and garden.
I will now get back to painting, and let the art work entertain on its own. Write if you have work for me. Thank you and God bless! Annie




No comments: