Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, January 15, 2010

One Painting at a Time

I'm taking everyday one at a time, and each drawing or painting one at a time. There is no grand plan, just blank paper or canvas and something I see that cries out to be turned into some form of art.
I'm drawing the illustrations for a book, but I haven't found a particular direction so I may do the drawings on toned paper with pencil and white charcoal, and then see where I want to go from there. It's getting cold, it's going to rain, and sometimes the energy to be full of enthusiasm just isn't there.
Our Aaron Brothers at the corner is going to close down, for there are not enough customers to sustain the store. This is very disconcerting because they were a wonderful addition to our rural community. I will miss Greg, and Marlene and all the good products and services they have delivered over the past 10 years. Thank you Aaron Brothers you are a great store even though you only stayed for a while. I will miss you, and the people who worked there. Things change, and they are also closing the Michaels that is close by, so our access to art supplies will have to be from the internet. It's a Sad Day for the artists of East County San Diego. :(


No comments: