Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chickens and Roosters

Does anyone else feel as though they are creating in a void? I do a painting a day, and sometimes two. I draw, paint, cook meals, listen to people speaking on TV or listen to music or the quiet. I enjoy the silence, and create works of art. When they are finished I mat them, sometimes frame them, and move on to the next work of art. I don't just paint chickens for I love all creatures great and small, and I have a deep love for lizards and frogs. Then of course there is every bird ever created, and all the animals. The diversity of animal and plant life is amazing, and a challenge to understand, draw, and portray. I guess I will be very busy for the rest of my life. I doubt if I ever will run out of chickens or other creatures to draw and paint. I have more chickens drawn up, but I may draw up some beautiful Basilick Lizards and I am also in the mood to paint some landscapes I guess I better get on with my day, and go out and buy the dog and cat food. Life isn't only about the paintings to be done. It is also about the household guardians next meal. A woman's work is never done, and someone write when I get work. I have too much art and time on my hands. Believe it or not I get more done when I am extremely busy.



No comments: