Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, May 16, 2008

Hot Weather Cool Paintings














































I've been framing paintings, and I finally had to spend a day photographing some of said paintings, and getting them ready to blog. MY number 1 son has a lovely young significant other who always remembers me on birthdays and holidays, but I'm usually struggling through something and failing to meet personal dates of importance. Today's blog is dedicated to Alethea, and her desire for a water color. Alethea take your pick of today's paintings, and pick out the one you want. If these don't tickle your fancy then I will blog some more tomorrow. It took all day to photograph, and I'm still not finished, and then a couple of hours to make the photos blog ready. I then took a break, and drove over to Ale house and went swimming with my God sons, before I went computer, house, stir crazy. Something similar to Cabin Fever, but not as deadly. I hope you find something you and Jason like, and if it comes down to it you both can choose something that stirs your hearts. I love you both, and wish we all had more spare time in this life to just do what we wish rather than what needs to get done. I have another floral and a few more landscapes to add to this. I hope you find something you like. Keep following your dreams fellow artists, paint, make music, sing, dance, follow what brings you joy and peace to your soul. We will all write when we get work, if we can afford the new stamp price increase for snail mail. Thank God for Blogs and E Mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the temperature pushing 100 here in the foothills and surpassing it in the valley, it was a such a pleasure to go walking through your winter landscapes.

Roger is back from Spain, but now gone off to Oregon to help his sister move. If fact, he probably driving a 19' u-haul through the hellish hot valley right now. Jocelyn has gone off to town for her senior prom, taking, but not wearing, the dark silvery gray dress I just finished altering for her, so I will only get the pleasure of seeing her all gussied up in photographs.

Next week she'll be back in soccer garb and down near you in a tournament in Temecula, but I won't be going. Did so much yard and long term house cleaning in preparation for Roger's home coming that my neck and back, and by extension, wrists and arms, are barely functioning and could not pull off such a trip. In fact, I'm going to have to stop typing, as well. Still I love to be able to stop in any time and see what you've been up to.

Hope Alethea and Jason find something they like. Irises or snow? Snow scene or irises? Nothing like difficult choices... Hello to both of them, and may the film gods smile their way.

Write, dear artist Annie, when you stop work.

Yakshi