Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Beautiful Cactus flower





























I decided to share my strange cactus flower that is about 10" in diameter and 6" deep. I received a cutting from my neighbor's plant, and this year it decided to flower. I will probably paint them because they are so extraordinary. They are also heavy, which is why I propped them up on a chair rather then let the flower hang down onto the ground. I hope you like them.
I also photographed the beginning of the Matajia Poppy flowering. Those are the white crepe flower with the round gold pom pom in the center. I started with two 1 gallon plants, and now the plants are about 25' X 25' yes that is feet and joined together, and warring with Cecile Bruener climbing Rose, David Austin Roses, Climbing Iceberg, and Climbing Wisteria for space. Every thing is growing up, and is much taller than I am, plus growing into the Eucalyptus tree. I also failed to mention all of the above plants succeeded in destroying the arbor we built to support them. It's a good thing I love Jungley planned chaos. Some day when money just comes rolling in I will build a steel Arbor to support the warring factions of climbing beauty. I hope you enjoy the photos. Click on them to view the large, close up versions. Keep painting, drawing, photographing, and doing the things you love.
And be sure to write when you get work.







I finished the "Hop on Pop" painting today, and am letting it dry thoroughly so tomorrow it will be framed.

No comments: