Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Needlepoint Canvas Art and Hand painted Canvases

I have been working all week on new designs, getting out orders, and drawing up canvases from my original art that people expressed an interest in.  I paint what I love so none of this is a hardship, and most of the time it is just sheer pleasure.  In my younger years I painted on large McDonald Land Murals in Acrylic so painting on Needlepoint canvas with Acrylics is like visiting with an old dear friend.  I am painting on both the 18 count Mono and the 13 count Mono Zweigart canvas that we at JellyBeanStock purchase from Fleur de Paris.  







This week I painted on another companion piece for the Koi pillows, two Plumaria Designs, some more Betta Fish (I know I'm getting carried away, but I love the colors and the form!).  
I will post the Plumaria tomorrow, for I need to put in the copyright info, and I'm thinking of adding some butterflies to the canvases.  I will probably put up what I've done, and then do two more canvases with the design altered a little, and add my butterflies.  These are painted from the Plumaria plants in my front yard, and I have a Passion Flower Plant that has been taking over the garden which is home to thousands of butterflies.  My yard in the summer looks like butterfly heaven.  I you want tons of butterflies plant a Passion Flower vine.  However, that said I also have roses, Irises, Daffodils, Plumeria, Hibiscus, Gardenia, Geraniums, Lilies, and the list goes on because there isn't a flowering plant I don't fall in love with.  Plus I love plants with decorative, colorful leaves, so all I have to do is step out into the front or back yard with my trusty camera, or a pair of scissors and bring the colors of nature into my studio. I also plant annuals that strike my fancy, when I want to paint something like pansies.  I can't bend down to put them in the ground, but they all seem to do well in my potted garden out front.  Life is good with a little soil, and some bright floral colors.
I'm working on the Crowned Jewels Tropical Bird Rug for Wendy at Aristeia, and also working on finishing other canvases.  Write when you get work, or if you have any tips for me.  I bought a new compressor, just a very quiet, small one from Harbor Freight and tools.  It's terrific, and is keeping the canvas hole unclogged and clean. It comes with an airbrush, and works very well.  Keep drawing, designing, enjoying life, and having fun.  It's cold here, and I'm wearing 4 sweaters to paint in plus a scarf so I have no idea how people stay warm where it's really cold.  Thanks for responding so kindly to my art work, and be sure to share with me what you are working on.  It can get lonely just talking to oneself.  Write if I get work, and have a warm and wonderful day!  

No comments: