Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, July 29, 2011

Needlepoint Beta Canvas and Dog Watercolor Portraits

I've been busy working on Needlepoint canvases, and doing some watercolor paintings in my home when the studio gets too hot.  It's been hot and humid this summer, but San Diego probably still has the best weather in the whole country.  My tropical plants are doing well.  Canvases at JellyBeanStock are selling briskly, and I'm painting away on canvases getting ready for Trunk shows in the fall.
I take requests so I've painted one of my Beta canvases with a background.  Remember Beta are fresh water fish, and thus the plants I paint with them will not come from tropical oceans.  However, that said if you want coral I will pretend the Beta live in a fish bowl, and their new owner bought them some coral for decoration.









I've also been painting watercolors of Chickens, and dogs for the fun of it, and to keep out of the heat.  I will put some of this art work up for your enjoyment, and hope you will write when I get more work.

No comments: