Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Thursday, January 20, 2011

TNNA Needlepoint Show 2011 Tropical Reef New Hand Painted Canvases

I was happy to attend my very first TNNA Needlpoint Show with the other JellyBeanStock Artists.  We all started our Art career at JBI a seating company that does the whole package for Fast food Franchises.  Barb has been a life long friend, mentor, and best art buddy in the business.  She encouraged me to paint this series of Tropical Reef fish, and wants me to paint more.  I used to Scuba Dive, and snorkel among the fish on the California Coast, and also got to see some beautiful underwater life while snorkeling in the waters of Cancun.  I will be painting some smaller canvases, and some detailed miniatures.  It's amazing what a stitcher can do to indicate shells, coral, barnacles, and all the other large and small varieties of life under the sea.  A woman was stitching at Fleur de Paris booth a simply stunning underwater scene on the body of a fish.  There is so much creativity in every human being yearning to come out and be expressed.  Needlework is a collaboration between the imaginations of many, and that includes the people who just make the threads and beads.  A woman could get addicted to beautiful flosses, braids, threads, and silks.  I'm fast becoming a floss-ahollic!?!!  
Here are the Latest Canvases with a Tropical Theme:




  Copyright: Chabrier  HouseofChabrier Anne E. Shoemaker-Magdaleno 2010 All Rights Reserved
I hope all is going well in your world, and that you are taking a moment to smell the roses.  Life is so short, and I feel the chill of winter coming on.  Take good care of yourself, and enjoy your needlepointing, designing, drawing or painting or whatever avenues your creative spirit takes you on.  Write when I get work, and be sure to tell me some of your accomplishments and triumphs.  Going to the TNNA Trade Show was one of mine, and I miss the people the excitement and the joyous atmosphere we all shared.  I better get back to work, my painting and the dishes and laundry are calling to me.

1 comment:

Emreen said...

Lovely sea creature collection...especially love the starfish and the shells... !!