Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The sun is shining through my clean windows, my spring flowers are growing tall and beginning to bloom.  Nine baby chicks hatched and are running around with their devoted mother hen.  I've been painting Iris, butterflies, flowers, and chickens.  I guess spring is here even though it may turn cold again, and rain will be welcome when it arrives.  Here are two of the paintings I painted this week on Arches Hot Press Smooth Watercolor Paper.  I hope you enjoy the paintings, and I also hope the weather is warming up at your house.

I forgot to tell everyone I am now offering prints of my paintings on Fine Art America:  http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/anne-shoemakermagdaleno.html   I've been painting flowers for the sheer joy of it, and I will soon be painting the cute little chicks running around my front yard with their mother.  I love spring!  The Amaryllis are blooming, and all the spring bulbs are ready to flower.  My home has new tile floors for ease of walking and cleaning, and I've been painting wainscoting for the Bathroom walls, and we've put up new wall paper.  Life is cleaner, neater, and my books have a new built in book case.  Little by little all things manageable will be put right.  I'm glad it's spring, and I hope warmth, sunlight, and flowers are in your life to brighten your day.  Take good care of yourself, and write if I get work!


No comments: