Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Watercolor Amate Bark Paintings

Well, it is December 2012, and I haven't posted for over a year.  My mind is still sharp (most days), and I'm still producing a painting, drawing, or something per day again.  My youngest son was married this year to a lovely woman, and Annette is now a Shoemaker, and I couldn't be happier.  Getting ready to set sail on a Cruise Ship wedding is what caused me to leave my painting, drawing, blogging post this year, while I concentrated on losing weight, figuring out how to manage chronic pain, and buy outfits for wearing in public. My wardrobe has not been updated in the last 20 years, and my normal outfits of Navy Blue or Black knit pants and shirts are not appropriate for a wedding or a cruise..  Plus most of my normal clothes have paint all over them.  LOL 










If  I have any steadfast viewers left this is what I've been working on in recent months.  These paintings are all done on Amate Bark Paper, and it can be purchased from Dick Blick Art Supplies.  It is a highly textured hand made paper that is made in Mexico.  My paintings are all done in Watercolor with white or black added to some of the colors.  The paper is absorbent, strong, and because I can't see pencil on it very well...I am 64 with fairly overused eyesight ...so I just paint most of these images with no previous drawing.  Kind of like an impressionistic oil painting.  I hope you enjoy the new paintings.  I  have more I can post, but this is enough for now.  Each painting took about a day, and sometimes a little bit more time, but that is the average.  Most are painted from photographs taken by some wonderful photographers on Deviant Art.  I've been working on Needlepoint Canvases, stitching and painting new ones, and will post some of that work too.  Write when I have work, and let me know if you would like me to paint an animal special to you.  Thank you, and hug your loved ones and let them know you care.  Life is very short, and over too fast.  Take Care...Annie

No comments: