Peacocks in Magnolia Tree

Peacocks in Magnolia Tree
24" X 60" Alkyd and Gold Leaf on Board

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Sun is shining through the rain clouds, and my garden is delighted with the steady rain and welcomed warmth of the morning sun.  I have been planting pots with all kinds of Spring Bulbs, and the pots I planted a short while ago are happily blooming.  Spring is here, and the garden is brightening up.  My Roosters are fighting over the hens, and my Little Red Hen has hatched her eggs.  Her little chicks stay close, and are fun to watch running after their clucking mother.  Thus I have been painting Chickens, Roosters, Hens, and Chicks!  Soon enough the year will progress past spring and all these delightful bonuses for this time of year. Here is what is running around my garden, and inspiring some of the following paintings.  The rain is now coming down in a torrent, and it is supposed to rain all day.  I will stay inside, and work on the continued painting, wallpapering, and cleaning of my house.  Spring Cleaning is taken very seriously by me this year.  Here is some of the new Art.




These are the recent Watercolor Paintings, and here are some of the photographs of Chickens and Flowers.






The Rain has tapered off again, and it's time to get to work.  I hope everyone is having a good day out there?  I know the rain and snow in the mountains will continue to fall, but as these pictures show despite the inclement weather spring has arrived.  Flowers are blooming, chicks are hatching, and all is right with the world.  Make a little piece of heaven in your own back yard.  Enjoy the simple things of life, and in these hard economic times try to keep your spirits up.  If you don't have a job then use your time to do what you love, or volunteer and help others.  Either one will take your mind off your troubles.  Write when I get work! Have a great day!

No comments: